How to Get the Truth from TV, Commercials, Movies, and Ads
Ready to make a difference where it counts? For teens and young adults today, that means working with IMAGES: art, photos, and video. In this two-hour workshop, you'll be introduced to how your students can learn the language of images. You'll help them decode media messages, and allow them to see without believing. You'll watch their eyes light up when they see they can rise above the manipulative language of the media.
Are you a teacher who wants to:
- Make a real difference in a student's life?
- Find new ways to help teens enjoy learning?
- Teach teens and young adults how to find the truth in any picture or video?
- Help students be mindful when consuming media?
If you answered “yes” to any of the above, come to Labragirl Media Project's introductory teacher workshop, "Seeing Without Believing".
You will come away from this workshop with:
- Introduction to picture reading and decoding media messages
- An understanding of how to rise above the manipulative language of the media
- Knowledge about the new field of media literacy education
- New approaches to make learning both fun and meaningful
You'll inspire them to use their smartphones for good, by taking pictures that matter, and videos that can truly shape our world!
ABOUT THE FACILITATOR, LAURIE CHIN SAYRES:
Laurie Chin Sayres teaches teens and young adults how to read pictures and decode media messages. A classroom teacher and video editor, Chin Sayres gives students the tools to help them think for themselves, rise above the lies of the manipulative media, and create the next generation of inspiring communication.
Read more about Laurie Chin Sayres:
Curious? Have questions?
Register for Seeing Without Believing below.
NOTE: The workshop is limited to 15 participants.
|Date:||Tuesday, January 24th , 2017|
|Location:||Confluence Small Business Collective, 102 East Cleveland St., Lafayette, CO 80026|
|General Entry Price:|
Bring a friend Special. $15 for two registrants